As Christmas nears many of us are running around looking for the perfect gifts for all the people in our lives, some of which are nurses. I have tried many of these and some I plan on trying as they have come highly recommended to me.
If you don't know what to buy for all the great nurses in your life, hand them a copy of this article and offer them an Amazon gift card so they can choose for themselves.
Do you remember what it was like to be in nursing school and crave reading a book that you actually wanted to read, just for the shear fun of it? Why not .offer the nursing students in your life the great gift of a book. Check out the following books from Amazon and here's a link for the Amazon gift cards via email. Are really unique way to send your gift and you can even customize it yourself.
Here are some of the great books we talked about:
- Candy Campbell- “My Mom is a Nurse”
- Starla Fitch- "Remedy for burnout. 7 Prescriptions doctors use to find meaning in medicine"
- Lois Gerber- “The Human side of nursing,” “Nurses and their patients: Courage and Conviction”, and “Nurses and their patients: Compassion and commitment”
- Carmen Kosicek- “Nurses, Jobs and Resumes”
- Renee Thompson- "Do no harm applies to nurses too"
- Donna Maheady- “The Exceptional Nurse: Tales from the trenches of truly resilient nurses working with disabilities”
- Michelle DeLizio Podlesni- “Going From Burnout to Bliss”
- Elizabeth Scala- “Nursing From Within”
- Kati Kleber (Nurse Eye Roll)- "Becoming Nursey"
- Patricia Schmehl- “Introduction to Concept Mapping in Nursing”
- Maureen Sullivan- “Never Again! From Horror to Humor, My Life as a Nurse”
- Allie Wilson- “Only A Nurse Could Laugh At This”
The Gift of Pamper
You can always give the gift of a mani-pedi or a wonderful massage at your local spa.
Gift of Help
Gifts don't have to be of the material kind. I know that nursing students don't have much time, especially around this time of year. Their semester is ending and the holidays are in full swing. I am sure they would appreciate it if you offered to clean their home, do laundry or even make a great dish and deliver it, when you know they are at their busiest.
How about the gift of a gym membership, or even a great piece of equipment for their home. Here are a couple that I personally own.
Do you have gift ideas for the nurses in your life that you would like to share?