While most of us love our chosen profession, there can be some really frustrating things that can make you lose your patience, with your patients. We asked some of our Facebook community to tell us some of their most frustrating things and here are some of the answers we received. The rant doesn't have to end there. You can add your most frustrating things in the comment box below.
1. “Coming to the E.R. complaining of vomiting when you are eating Doritos and drinking Coke...not okay!."
3. “Patients saying, ‘Dr.Oz says…’”
- Carrie Foster
4. “Patients tattling on my coworkers.”
- Melissa Smith
5. “The absolute misuse of the ER... A temp of "I can't find a thermometer" for 1 hr in your 2 yr old is not a reason to run to the ER. Urgh."
-Melissa Kisner Southard
6. “Texting and/or talking on their cell phone when I’m trying to assess them.”
- Kenra Moore
7. “I'm a PICC nurse. It drives me nuts that patients complain that they can't breathe because I put a little paper drape over their face, during the procedure. I have to ensure then that they are breathing or they wouldn't be yelling at me!.”
- Karen Corfice
8. “Telling me a completely different story from what they tell the doctor five minutes ago.”
- Beth Candice
9. "10/10 pain for hangnail"