Ah, the old New Year's resolutions, that most of us never keep. Any of us that go to the gym all year round are really wishing that resolutions to "work out more," would just hurry up and fall off the wagon, cause the gym is so full we can't find a treadmill.
Where nurses are concerned there are several resolutions that we would never make...EVER. Here's a list of a few of them:
I. I resolve to always answer the phone on my days off in case it's my manager needing me to work
2. I resolve never to eat any more peanut butter and graham crackers from the staff lounge.
3. I resolve to be very organized. Get up early for work, iron my scrubs, put on make up and fix my hair.
4. I resolve never to hide any more equipment so that I have it when I need it and lie when another nurse asks me if I've seen it.
5. I resolve never to tell another disgusting, bloody, vile story at the dinner table. Even though I know people love me for it.
6. I resolve to work more 12 hour shifts, cause everyone knows I love them.
7. I resolve never to talk behind the doctor's backs about how dumb, annoying and rude they are.
8. I resolve to never want to choke patients who won't leave the call bell alone.
10. I resolve to run to the bathroom and pee at work whenever the urge comes on, no matter how busy I am.