Halloween is the unofficial kick-off to the holiday season and most of us love the crisp air, colorful leaves and pumpkin pie. Let's not forget about all the great Halloween costumes, trick-or-treat with the kids and all the cool Halloween scrubs. What's not to love?
We asked some of our nurse community here at Onlyanurse.com to tell us how they celebrate this wonderful time of year. Here are some of the cool responses they gave:
1. " All the nurses carry candy and hand it out to all the patients that can have it. The ones that can't have candy are offered something that will fit their diet plan."-Crystal Bradley
2. “I work in the operating room. All of the nurses make a haunted house every year in the nurse's lounge. Then we bring our kids in to dress up and scare everyone. The surgeons and the nurses all participate. We also have a costume contest. Last year one of the surgeons won, with his mummy costume."-Theresa Mallery
3. "We give candy to all the residents in the nursing home where I work. Then we invite a bunch of kids so the residents can hand out candy to them. Our recreational therapist decorates all the residents rooms."-Lynn Cochran
4. "I work in surgery, and we always have a sock costume contest. Some even have funny shoes to match their socks. The winner last year was our manager. She had wicked witch shoes and socks. It was very funny. She can be quite a witch...LOL."-Kristin Reilly.
5. " I work in the a pediatrician's office. We have a haunted house and hand out candy on Halloween. We send out invitations to all our patients weeks before, and we don't do it on Halloween night, so our little ghosts and goblins can have fun we us and still trick-or-treat on Halloween night."-Kelli O'Coon.
6 " We all wear Halloween scrubs for the patients, and we make jello in the shapes of ghosts and pumpkins and hand them out to all the patients. Yes, we make sugar-free for our diabetics."
7. " We always encourage the residents at our nursing home to dress up for Halloween. I am part of a greyhound club. We dress the Greyhounds up and bring them out to see the residents on Halloween night. It's a special treat for our residents and the greyhound love it."-Britanny Clooney
8. "I work in labor and delivery. We have a pumpkin carving contest and all the nurses bring their pumpkins in to be judged by family members. Of course, we wear our cool Halloween scrubs too."-Connie Bryant
9. "We give out Halloween cookies to all the kids at our pediatrician's office. We try to make them low-sugar, so they're a bit healthier."-Heather Nolan
How do you celebrate Halloween? Comment below