Often called the ‘the best NCLEX® exam review book ever,’ Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination provides everything you need to prepare for the NCLEX exam - complete content review and over 5,100 NCLEX examination-style questions in the book and online. Don't make the mistake of assuming the quality of the questions is the same in all NCLEX exam review books, because only this book includes the kind of questions that consistently test the critical thinking skills necessary to pass today's NCLEX exam. Even better, all answers include detailed rationales to help you learn from your answer choices, as well as test-taking strategies with tips on how to best approach each question. Written by the most trusted name in NCLEX review, Linda Anne Silvestri, and updated to reflect the most current NCLEX test plan, Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 6th Edition is THE book of choice for NCLEX examination review. But don’t just take our word for it - read any customer review or ask your classmates to see why there's nothing else like it!
- UNIQUE! A detailed test-taking strategy and rationale is included for each question, offering clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option, and guiding you to remediation in Saunders Strategies for Test Success: Passing Nursing School and the NCLEX® Exam and Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Exam.
- UNIQUE! Priority Nursing Action boxes list actions for clinical emergent situations requiring immediate action, including a detailed rationale and textbook reference.
- All alternate item-format questions are included, with multiple response, prioritizing, fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration, chart/exhibit, video, and audio questions to provide practice with prioritizing, decision-making, and critical thinking skills.
- UNIQUE! Pyramid Alert! boxes spotlight important nursing concepts and procedures, and include tips and shortcuts for remembering key information.
- Exam preparation chapters include test-taking strategies, the CAT format, transitional issues for the foreign-educated nurse, and the NCLEX-RN exam from a new graduate's perspective.
- A comprehensive exam consists of 85 questions that cover all content areas in the book and mirror the percentages identified in the NCLEX-RN examination test plan.
- NEW and UNIQUE! A summary of key changes to the 2013 NCLEX-RN test plan is included in the front of the book.
- New! More practice questions have been added to the book and online, bringing the total to 5,172 questions.
- New! Tracking of practice results on the Evolve companion website makes it easy to check your progress.
Pass the NCLEX-RN or your money back--guaranteed! NCLEX-RN Premier 2015-2016 with 2 Practice Tests combines Kaplan's unique strategy guide with the most test-like questions available to help you to meet the challenges of this exacting computer-adaptive test, including:
* 2 practice tests (one in the book, one online)
* DVD with 60 minutes of video tutorials led by noted NCLEX expert Barbara Irwin
* Mobile study resources for prep on the go
* Instant online analysis and feedback on your performance
* In-depth analysis of NCLEX-RN question types, including alternate format questions
* 47-item sample of Kaplan's rigorous NCLEX-RN Question Bank online
* Detailed answer explanations
* Tips for mastering the computer-adaptive test
With efficient test prep via book + DVD + online + mobile, Kaplan's NCLEX-RN Premier 2015-2016 will make you assured and confident on test day.
The 11th edition of Lippincott’s Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN provides the highest-quality practice questions, detailed rationales, and preparation strategies needed to succeed on the NCLEX-RN® examination. This revised reprint has been updated to ensure that content will help both U.S. and Canadian students to succeed on the licensure examination, with enhanced laboratory values, medication information, and diversity representation.
The practice tests are organized into four major content areas: obstetrics, pediatrics, medical-surgical, and mental health nursing, and are followed by 6 comprehensive tests with a random selection of questions from all content areas. Other features include rationales for both incorrect and correct answers choices, all the types of alternate-format questions found on the NCLEX, an overview of the licensing examination, test-taking strategies for each question format, and study tips, including instructions for creating a personal study plan. In addition, there is a CD-ROM containing questions that allow students to practice test-taking skills in both a study and review mode, as well as student and instructor resources on the Point.
With more than 6,000 unique test questions that you won’t find in Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, Saunders Q&A Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 6th Edition provides the additional practice you need to prepare for and succeed on the NCLEX-RN exam! To enhance your review, each question includes a test-taking strategy, rationales for correct and incorrect answers, and page references to major nursing textbooks. The Evolve companion website adds a pre-test to help in identifying any areas of weakness, and lets you answer questions in study or exam mode. Written by the most trusted name in NCLEX exam review, Linda Anne Silvestri, this book organizes questions to match the Client Needs and Integrated Processes found in the most recent NCLEX-RN test plan. This review is part of the popular Saunders Pyramid to Success, which has helped more than 1.5 million nurses pass the NCLEX exam!
- Rationales are provided for both correct and incorrect answer options.
- A detailed test-taking strategy is included for each question, providing clues for analyzing and selecting the correct answer.
- All alternate item question types are represented, including multiple response, prioritizing/ordered response, fill-in-the-blank, illustration/hot spot, chart/exhibit questions, graphic option, and questions incorporating audio and video.
- Questions categorized by cognitive level, NCLEX® client needs area, integrated process, priority concepts, and clinical content area help you focus on the question types you find most difficult.
- A Priority Nursing Tip is included with each question, highlighting need-to-know patient care information.
- Page references to Elsevier nursing textbooks direct you to study and remediation material for any question answered incorrectly.
- Chapters organized by Client Needs simplify review and reflect the question mix in the NCLEX-RN test plan blueprint.
- An 85-question comprehensive exam represents the content and percentages of question types identified in the NCLEX-RN test plan.
- An Evolve companion website includes a pre-test to help in identifying any areas of weakness, and allows you to choose an area of study by content category and to answer questions in study or exam mode.
- Preparation guidance for the NCLEX-RN includes chapters on academic and nonacademic preparation, advice from a recent nursing graduate, and transitional issues for the foreign-educated nurse.
- NEW! Online and mobile updates will address the new NCLEX test plan to be released in April 2016.
- NEW! Content from the latest NCLEX-RN® test plan covers the newest topics you could see on the exam.
- NEW! Additional practice questions in the book and on the Evolve companion website bring the total to over 6,000 test questions.
NEW! Color-coded strategic words in each test-taking strategy refer you to content review and strategy discussions in the Silvestri Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN and Strategies for Test Success.
A classic resource that has helped nurses pass the NCLEX exam for over 60 years, Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Nursing for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 20th Edition is fully updated to reflect the newest NCLEX-RN test plan. Content review is presented in a concise and full-color outline format organized by the core areas of medical-surgical, pediatric, maternity/women's health, and mental health nursing, with a practice test following each unit. More than 4,200 practice questions and rationales -- including more than 600 questions in the newest alternate item formats -- are written by a team of trusted NCLEX experts led by author Patricia M. Nugent. A companion CD enhances your NCLEX review by allowing you to customize quizzes and exams and download audio review summaries of key content.
- Over 4,200 practice questions in the book and on the companion CD provide ample practice opportunities in both print and electronic testing formats.
- Review questions are grouped by categories of concern to focus your study on any areas of weakness.
- Detailed rationales for correct and incorrect answers are provided with every question.
- Text references are provided with the answer rationales for further study of difficult topics.
- Two comprehensive exams are coded by clinical area, client need, nursing process, and cognitive level, to help you evaluate your strengths and weaknesses.
- An overview of the latest NCLEX-RN test plan describes the recent changes and additions to content.
- Companion CD allows you to create customized quizzes and exams based on clinical area, NCLEX client needs category, nursing process, and cognitive level.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the newest NCLEX-RN test plan.
- NEW! 15% of total questions are alternate item formats, including new audio and graphic option formats.
- NEW and UNIQUE! An NCLEX Preparation Toolkit and two comprehensive exams help you strategize your review across clinical disciplines.
- Hundreds of NEW or revised questions reflect the increased emphasis on management of care, patient safety, and alternate format items.
- A NEW section on nursing management discusses key concepts such as delegation and leadership.
- NEW! Downloadable audio summaries for medical-surgical nursing topics allow for on-the-go study.
The BEST-SELLING Pearson Reviews & Rationales: Comprehensive Review for NCLEX-RN® is back and in a brand NEW edition! Completely current reflecting the April 2010 NCLEX-RN(R) test plan, this review book features a comprehensive outline review, over 1800 practice questions and multiple practice tests. The second edition boasts over 200 new questions and includes ALL of the alternate question formats on the NCLEX exam. Throughout answers are complete with rationales and testing strategies to help determine how to answer questions, even when they aren't sure of the correct answer. How will this book help you succeed on the NCLEX? Because of these stand-out features:
Highlights CRITICAL concepts on the NCLEX-RN with Memory Aid Boxes and NCLEX Alert
The quantity and quality of our review questions
Organization according to the April 2010 NCLEX-RN(R) Test Plan
The multi-media support that accompanies this review book.
Inclusion of alternate test items such as prioritization, dosage calculation, enhanced image questions
- Rationales and testing strategies for a for all answers
Nearly all questions are a high level of difficulty, i.e. analysis and application
- Test Your NCLEX(R) I.Q. assessment boxes
Review tips for ESL students
Section for foreign nurses to help prepare them for the NCLEX-RN(R)
Need online preparation? For those who want to prepare for the NCLEX-RN(R), taking multiple practice tests online will help you become more familiar with the computer-based testing experience, especially for the new alternate item formats such as audio, media-enhanced, hot spot, and exhibit questions. With this new edition, use the code printed inside the front cover of the book to access more than 5,600 practice questions using all NCLEX(R)-style formats. This includes the practice questions found in all chapters of the book as well as the comprehensive exam questions. Plus, it contains 4,000 NEW question to help you further evaluate your readiness for the exam and hone your test-taking skills. This allows you to choose two ways to prepare for the NCLEX-RN(R). Both approaches personalize your practice experience according to what stage you are at in your NCLEX(R) preparation:
Comprehensive Practice & Review provides you with a 100-question comprehensive exam that allows you to practice pacing yourself to build your stamina so that you can endure answering questions for a long period of time. Following this exam, you receive a results report and a personalized study plan and links to the eText to help you focus your review with additional opportunities to test yourself.
Nursing Topics Review allows you to select which specific nursing topic areas you would like to review and test yourself. After a brief pre-test, you receive a personalized study plan referring you to the eText for areas where you need additional review.
The only NCLEX review book on the market with a focus on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment - just like the current NCLEX Examination itself! Using a unique simple-to-complex approach, Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX® Examination, 3rd Edition establishes your foundational knowledge in management of care, then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on the NCLEX Examination’s management-of-care focus addresses the heavy emphasis on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment in the current NCLEX Examination (17-23% of the 2013 NCLEX-RN Exam).
- UNIQUE! Three-part organization establishes foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
- Answer key at the back of the book offers a detailed rationale and an indication of the focus of the question to encourage formative assessment.
- Introduction chapter by delegation expert Ruth Hansten provides guidelines for prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment decisions as well as a concise, practical foundation on which Parts 2 and 3 build.
- Part 2: Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment in Common Health Scenarios give you practice in applying the principles from Part 1 with straightforward NCLEX-style multiple-choice, multiple-select, ordering, and short-answer questions to help you develop and build confidence in prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills while working within the confines of relatively simple health scenarios.
- Part 3: Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment in Complex Health Scenarios utilizes unfolding cases that build on the skills learned in Part 2 to equip you to make sound decisions in realistic, complex health scenarios involving complicated health problems and/or challenging patient assignment decisions and help you learn to "think like nurses" by developing what Benner (2010) calls "clinical imagination."
- NEW! Fully interactive question functionality features optional online answer submission with automated scoring.
- NEW! The all-important QSEN initiative is addressed by:
- Introducing the QSEN initiative and QSEN competencies in Part I
- Including a new chapter focused primarily on safety and other "nursing fundamentals" issues
- Identifying corresponding QSEN competencies and Concepts for each question in the Answer Key in the Evolve Instructor Resources
- NEW! Faculty-only Unfolding Cases and Suggested Uses resource on Evolve facilitate classroom discussion, development of clinical reasoning skills, and learner evaluation, as well as tips for teaching with the book throughout the nursing curriculum.
- NEW! Safety and Infection Control chapter features an increased number of questions specific to the QSEN safety competency.
- NEW! Separate Diabetes Mellitus and Other Endocrine Problems chapters give greater emphasis to diabetes as requested in feedback on the previous edition.
- NEW! Pediatric Problems and Psychiatric-Mental Health Problems chapters expand on content formerly integrated into body systems chapters to provide you with a more thorough understanding of these key clinical areas.
- NEW! NCLEX chart-format questions include six patient "charts" in Case Study 6 (Home Health) to reflect the NCLEX Exam's chart-format questions.
- NEW! Design and navigation enhancements include page cross-references at the bottom of each page, quick-reference tabs on the answer key, and a new two- color design.
- NEW! Additional questions address the newborn, immunization, catheter-related infection, and ventilator-related infection.
Get everything you need to review for the NCLEX-PN® exam from one trusted source! With over 4,500 high-quality review questions, this unique, bestselling review and preparation guide offers the perfect combination of core content review, comprehensive rationales, and detailed test-taking strategies from the NCLEX expert herself: Linda Silvestri. Updated to reflect the latest NCLEX-PN test plan, this new edition and companion Evolve website help you hone your understanding of all the important NCLEX-PN content areas.
- Full-color design makes for a more visually engaging learning experience.
- 12 pharmacology chapters address the emphasis on pharmacology questions on the NCLEX-PN exam.
- Priority Nursing Actions boxes outline and explain clinical emergent situations requiring immediate action, including detailed rationales and textbook references to help you strengthen prioritizing skills in clinical and testing situations.
- Pyramid Alert boxes reinforce learning of essential content frequently tested on the NCLEX-PN exam.
- Reference to a Mosby or Saunders textbook gives you resources for further study and self-remediation.
- Question codes categorize each question by cognitive level, client needs area, integrated process, clinical content area, and priority concepts to allow you multiple study and exam selections on the companion Evolve site.
- Inclusion of all alternate item formats (multiple response, ordered response, fill-in-the-blank, figure, chart/exhibit, audio, and video questions) offers practice with mastering prioritizing, decision-making, and critical thinking skills, and help prepare you for this additional component of the new test plan for NCLEX-PN.
- Pyramid to Success sections supply an overview of the chapter, guidance and direction regarding the focus of review in the content area, and its relative importance to the most recent NCLEX-PN text plan.
- Pyramid Points identify content that typically appears on the NCLEX-PN exam.
- Pyramid Terms give you a quick review of each content area.
- Introductory chapters on preparation guidance for the NCLEX-PN, nonacademic preparation, test-taking strategies, the CAT format, and the NCLEX-PN are presented from a new graduate’s perspective.
- Companion Evolve site allows for automatic software updates to allow you to check for changes and updates to content or functionality throughout the life of the edition.
- NEW! 4,500 test questions on the book and Evolve site.
- NEW! Incorporates the new NCLEX-PN test plan to familiarize you with newly added content you may encounter on the exam.
- A detailed test-taking strategy for each question gives you clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option. Rationales are provided for both correct and incorrect options. Special text highlightsspecific test-taking strategies, and specific content areas in the practice questions provide you with guidance on what topics to review for further remediation in Saunders Strategies for Test Success: Passing Nursing School and the NCLEX® Exam and Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-PN® Exam.
- Comprehensive exam consists of 85 questions related to all content areas in the book to represent the percentages identified in the NCLEX-PN test plan.
- NEW! Critical thinking What Would You Do? boxes keep you thinking as you review content. Answers at the end of the chapter reference an Elsevier book for further remediation.
- NEW! Testlet questions familiarize you with a new alternative item format question type expected to appear on future NCLEX test plans.
- NEW! Priority concept codes added to each question reinforce the concept-based teaching method.
Take the anxiety out of taking any nursing test with Saunders 2016-2017 Strategies for Test Success: Passing Nursing School and the NCLEX Exam, 4th Edition. Written by the most trusted expert in NCLEX prep, Linda Silvestri, and updated to reflect the most current NCLEX test plans, this invaluable guide covers key topics like time management, critical thinking, and problem solving, with tips to help you overcome test anxiety and develop effective study habits. Learn how to confidently evaluate and identify the correct answer for a variety of test question types, including alternate item formats, with chapters on preparing for nursing exams, prioritization methods, and pharmacology questions, and practice your skills and gain realistic test-taking experience with the book and Evolve site’s 1,200 practice questions.
- A Reducing Test Anxiety chapter offers simple strategies to control test-induced stress and gain the confidence needed to pass exams.
- A Developing Study Skills chapter provides helpful tips on improving time management for more efficient exam preparation.
- An emphasis on comprehensive test preparation helps you develop, refine, and apply the reasoning skills you need to succeed throughout nursing school and on the NCLEX examination.
- Coverage of detailed critical thinking methods offers valuable clues to help you analyze and uncover the correct answer option for all question types, including multiple-choice and alternate item-format questions.
- Helpful Tips for the Beginning Nursing Student highlight the most important concepts needed for exam success.
- Chapters on specific question content - such as prioritization, pharmacology, triage/disaster management, and delegation - provide numerous examples to prepare you for higher-level questions.
- UNIQUE! Student-to-Student Hints highlight real life strategies that have helped other students graduate from nursing school and pass the NCLEX exam.
- Online practice questions let you apply the strategies learned from the text in a realistic electronic testing environment.
- A fun, 4-color design features cartoons and bold designs to help engage visual learners.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated content reflects the most current NCLEX test plans. Summary information on the latest test plans is highlighted in chapter 4.
- NEW! Addition of SI units and removal of trade drug names reflect the upcoming changes to the NCLEX-RN test plan.
- NEW! 200 new practice questions bring the overall total to 1,200 questions on the Evolve site.
- NEW! Two-year revision cycle ensures that the content is current and covers all of the question types found on the NCLEX exam.
- NEW! Priority Concepts added to each question help readers link their concept-based classes and NCLEX prep.
Study more effectively and stress less with NCLEX-RN Review Made Incredibly Easy, Fifth Edition.
Completely updated, this new edition employs the trusted Incredibly Easy! approach to make NCLEX review more interesting and easy to absorb. It provides page after page of solid clinical information and clear rationales in an engaging, encouraging manner that promotes knowledge retention while decreasing study anxiety. You'll actually enjoy learning, stay motivated, and improve your performance on the licensing exam!
NCLEX-RN Review Made Incredibly Easy makes complex clinical concepts Incredibly Easy to understand through its unique combination of outline format and creative learning tools - including memory joggers, special review sections and visual aids - designed to reinforce key concepts for all areas on the exam. New NCLEX-style practice questions in the book and on the companion website cover all question types appearing in the latest test plan - including audio and graphic option questions.
Take the stress out of studying with:
Special strategy sections:
- Get to know the exam structure, as detailed in the current test plan
- Review strategies for success
- Insightful test-taking tips
Page after page of solid clinical information and clear rationales
- Covers every topic on the exam
- A unique combination of outline format and creative learning tools reinforce key concepts
- "Cheat sheets" and special learning tools for quick review of important topics
- Clear, concise rationales for all nursing interventions
Practice, practice, practice!
- Practice questions, including alternate format questions, at the end of each chapter and each section
- Go to the website for 3,250 challenging NCLEX-style practice questions, including audio questions and graphic option questions