Nursing can be difficult at times, especially when you're on your third-12 hour shift of the week and the same demented patient has hit their call-bell for the 10th time in an hour. But some of us really, truly love nursing no matter what crazy things happen during the course of any shift. Here are 10 things that let you know you really love nursing!:
1. You can't wait to get to work in the morning and it's hard to leave at the end of your shift.
2. You worry about your patients even when you are at home with you family and off the clock.
3. You talk about nursing constantly and bore you family and friends to death.
4. You love your vacations, but you're excited to come back after them.
5. You find yourself missing patients when they leave.
6. You think about nursing constantly and question what you could have done differently to make things better for you patients
7. You try to recruit friends and family to become nurses.
8. You are the first to volunteer for overtime or call when it's available.
9. You dream about nursing sometimes.
10. You can't imagine yourself doing anything else for a living.