Nursing is a great profession, full of thoughtful, caring people who devote their lives to helping others, through what is often their worst times.
This week is National Nurses Week and we want to salute nurses all over the world for the awesome job they do caring for others, every day. Here are ten reasons why nurses rock! Happy Nurses Week and thanks for all you do!
1. Nurses are great multi-taskers and although they may be caring for ten other patients you will always think you are the most important patient they have.
2. They can hold their bladder for an entire shift. Surely there must be a prize for this?
3. Nurses are there to help open the eyes of a newborn baby for the first time and close the eyes of an old person for the last time.
4. Nurses never forget the importance of a listening ear, a sweet voice and a nice warm blanket.
5. Nurses are always there when you can't figure out how to work the remote control and can be relied on to close your gown so that your stay in the ICU doesn't really mean "I see you."
6. Nurses are there to explain the gibberish your doctor just said to you, so it makes complete sense.
7. Nurses represent the true meaning of compassion, empathy and sympathy.
8. Nurses understand that every patient is an individual and all patients deserve to be treated as such. Patients have their own believes, values and morals and nurses know how to respect all people, while still giving great care to all.
9. Nurses know that every day they will touch a life, or a life will touch theirs.
10. Nurses are the heart of healthcare.
Do you have something great to add to this list? Comment below!