Whether you're a night owl or you've switched your schedule to nights to accommodate you family's needs. One thing is for sure, nights are rough. Even if you enjoy working nights, it's hard to figure out how to get some of the simplest things in life accomplished with this type of schedule. Here are some problems only night shift workers understand.
1. Why does everyone STILL call you when you're sleeping at 1pm? Even though you've specifically asked them not to fifteen times already! Perhaps the only way for them to learn not to do this is to call them at 1am, wake them up and remind them you'll be asleep at 1pm.
2. Why does it seem like no matter how much people claim they're tip-toeing around the house while you're sleeping, it sounds like a herd of elephants with tap shoes on, are stomping through your home?
3. How many times to you really need to tell the mailman NOT to ring your door bell? I've told mine a hundred times, yet he, the meat man, the neighbors and Jehovah's continue to bang on my door till I get up and remind them again.
4. Why is it that no matter how dark your blinds are in your bedroom, or how much you adjust them, there is always one little area that shines the light through right on your face?
5. Why does work call you at around 2 pm and ask you if you can come in a little earlier? I'd love to see how they'd react if I called them at 2 am and asked them the same thing?
6. Why can I not buy a hamburger or a pizza at 7am on my way home from work? and why are the bars not open at 8 am?
7. What nutcase decided that they would wake me up by mowing their freaking lawn at 9 am?
8.why are there never any cafeterias in hospitals open in the middle of the night? Do people on night shift not need to eat?
9. Why is it that I only enter R.E.M sleep when it's time for my alarm to go off?
10. Why can't there be mandatory meetings at 2am? Why, instead do I have to come in at 2pm?
Do you have another one you'd like to share? Comment below