Nurses are certainly a breed of their own and we prove it by having our own language, clothes and mannerisms. We also have a unique way of being able to laugh at ourselves, even when we probably shouldn't be laughing at all. Our jobs can be stressful, so laughing can keep us sane.
You know you’re a nurse when….
1. You believe stupid should be a formal diagnosis and sedation should be the cure
2. You have all the restaurants with delivery service on speed dial.
3. You can diagnose a person by the way their diarrhea smells
4. You clean your kitchen counter with bleach.
5. You leave your work shoes at work or in the garage when you get home
6. You live in scrubs...You even sleep in them
7. You look at people's veins instead of their face when you're talking to them
8. You are quite willing to choke anyone who utters the word quiet on your unit
9. You go to work febrile or injured
10. You consider a tongue depressor a perfectly fine eating utensil.
11. You can hold your bladder for 12 hours
12. You don't believe 90% of what you're told and 80% of what you see
13. You're guilty of telling a confused patient that your name was that of a coworker and not to hesitate to call as often as needed.
14. Your idea of a fun time is a GSW to the head right at shift change
15. You begin your shift with ten pens and leave with none
16. You don't answer your phone calls from work on your day off, or it won't be your day off anymore
17. Eating a gourmet meal at a fine restaurant and discussing the most vile, gross, bloody things seems perfectly fine to you.
18. You know it's a full moon without ever looking at the sky
19. You've seriously considered a caffeine drip, if only you had somewhere to hide the bag.
20. If it's wet and sticky and it's not yours, you don't touch it